Festival LAN! - The UK’s first outdoor LAN party

Started by planbgaming, June 29, 2006, 03:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

planbgaming

Hello All,

After months of planning we are ready to announce the UKââ,¬â,,¢s first outdoor LAN party.

It is to be held in the Essex countryside from 1st September to the 3rd.  The price, a very reasonable Ã,£40 (group/clan discounts available).  Especially when you look at what we have on offerââ,¬Â¦.

Gaming
Network gaming in marquees in the beautiful Essex countryside
Rental machines available
Tournaments and loads of prizes
Huge all in games
Dedicated file and game servers
Full managed network

Food
Free Hog roast!
Full licensed bar
Hot food menu and BBQ
Microwaves, Kettle and free tea

Creature Comforts
8Mb Managed Internet connection
Toilets and Showers

Camping + Parking + Security
All participants camping next to the games marquees for that festival feel
Nearby hotel for those who cant/do not wish to camp
The car park is in the same field as the camping and gaming
The entrance to the site will be monitored day and night

Games to be played
Battlefield 2, Call Of Duty 2,Counter Strike, Unreal Tournament 2004, Warcraft: DOTA, Command and Conquer, Dawn Of War, Flat Out, TOCA Race Driver 3, Tackmania Nations, Americas Army.  Plus many many more

The event is to be held in the camping field next to the Huntsman and Hounds in Essex (Maldon, CM3 6BJ).  Details here.

The LAN is held in marquees so rain will not be a problem.

Travel
30miles East of J28 of the M25
Train station 1mile away from venue (with pickups available)

Experience
Brought to you by 2 of the most experienced and exciting LAN organisers in the UK.  PlanB Gaming Ltd and members of The Big Game crew, with over 8 yearsââ,¬â,,¢ experience in organising and running some of the most fun and intense public and private LANs across the UK.

More information and contact
For more information please visit the Festival LAN  website or contact Andrew by Email at [email protected] or phone.

See you all there!

Andrew Keyne
PlanB Gaming Ltd
[email protected]
0118 9662190
07736 298961

Markopolo

QuoteThe LAN is held in marquees so rain will not be a problem.

oh lol.
Reminds of glasto last year

Doombringer

Coopsy

sounds like a laugh tbh. I like bbq, beers and wow altho im a little worried about the "outside" + PC element to it ;)
Erestor - Too young? thats like having too much money

planbgaming

Hi all,

Yeah its in a sturdy marquee so not totally outside.  We are also checking people entering and leaving for tickets and have other security measures in place.

Apart from that its outdoor camping and BBQ fun!

Coopsy

tbh as long as the weather is good, it'd be a right laugh. if its not then :\

sam

Yeah security is a genuine issue, also the heat may be a real problem, I series lans get v warm and they are in a fucking huge airconditioned  hanger
Immortal words of Lord Log, 05/11/2009: Yeah, in all fairness Sam did a lot of good for the guild, he was a really good officer....

Opus 21/07/2006: a lot of things seem to come naturally to you recently, overhealing, fucking friends over, lying... I could go on.

AceRimmer

That's kind of what I meant.

As much as it'd be a really cool event to go to (BBQ and beers with mates is always good) - the LAN aspect of the event is far too dependant on the great British weather being mild. Any rain or hot weather could ruin things.

It's quite a risk trying to put on an event like this, and respect to you for going for it, I hope it all works out okay and turns out to be the great event that it has the potential to be.

Kiri

Quote from: planbgaming on June 29, 2006, 03:12:23 PM
Games to be played
Battlefield 2, Call Of Duty 2,Counter Strike, Unreal Tournament 2004, Warcraft: DOTA, Command and Conquer, Dawn Of War, Flat Out, TOCA Race Driver 3, Tackmania Nations, Americas Army.  Plus many many more

There seems to be some sort of mistake. I've read through this list multip[le times, and I still can't see Halo PC on it :/

Markopolo

Kiri

Coopsy

i think its quite cool. but then im biased being a CPL pro and everything (EY CLEGGO HUH!)

AceRimmer

didn't exactly win any prizes though did you?

I believe you got *RIGHT ROYALLY FUCKED* in the 2nd round? :p