Festival LAN! - The UK’s first outdoor LAN party

Started by planbgaming, June 29, 2006, 03:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coopsy

hey, that 2nd round was the final mate. i came joint 3rd in ThE CpL PrO WiNnErS PRo HaLO PC TouRNAmeNT!!!!11
Erestor - Too young? thats like having too much money

Synapse

haha that sounds a bit like my claim to e-fame:

I MADE IT TO THE LAST 8 OF THE UT2004 WORLD CYBER GAMES QUALIFIERS, out of 32 entrantrs.

Lets ignore the fact i managed to squeeze thru playing only the crap ppl who entered for a laugh, before getting put out 31-0 (yes thats right, i got wicked sicked) by the eventual winner.
No guts, no glory.

Kiri

lol coopsy plays halo?

My already high opinion of you just got higher <3

Markopolo

he stole my copy I bought and played it for about a day.

Coopsy

indeed. altho quite enjoyed it tbh... was a Intel run Halo PC tournament on a load of Centrino laptops at CPL Dallas one year that we went, anyone and everyone could enter. was like 10man FFA first round and then the top 2 went through to a final or something. Winner of the final got the laptop, 2nd place got halo. joint third (=me) got a clap.

note: not THE clap, just a round of applause with less enthusiasm. :D

Doombringer

franchise

when you say it was a round of applause but with less enthusiasm, do you mean it was kind of a slow clap, kind of like /golfclap ?

Coopsy

planbgaming

Hello again,

We have been busy working on the LAN getting sponsors and listening to peoples requests.  We have introduced clan and group pricing and the option to buy single day tickets.  Prices below

Clan/group prices
5 or more = Ã,£35 weekend ticket
8 or more = Ã,£30 weekend ticket
(To book a clan/group ticket please email me)

Day tickets are Ã,£15 for each day (Hog roast not included with day ticket)
Weekend ticket Ã,£40

Projector Games will be making an appearance at the LAN. If you havenââ,¬â,,¢t heard of them, they have a unique set of specially written games for a projector. This means that you can all play on the same screen at the same time. Itââ,¬â,,¢s crazy stuff. One game we are definitely playing is Bomberman. These guys hold the record for the biggest game, 35+ people in one game at the same time! We will be looking to beat that. They also have a load of other great games too. Check them and their site out.

If you have any more suggestions please let us know

Andrew (duckandcover)
[email protected]
PlanB Gaming Ltd
0118 9662190
07736 298961

opus

ahh, projectorgames are awesome, 30 player giant bomberman :D

Synapse

nononono, falldown!

with the pro guitar music.

spent hours playing that shiz at one of the i's
No guts, no glory.

Jinx

Any chance someone got a spare monitor to spare me bringing my big 22" CRT with me in Pika's car!!!! (CUZ UR GONNA COME GET ME AINT U PIKS)

Kiri

Quote from: Jinx on July 22, 2006, 12:30:49 PM
Any chance someone got a spare monitor to spare me bringing my big 22" CRT with me in Pika's car!!!! (CUZ UR GONNA COME GET ME AINT U PIKS)

Oh jinx :(

planbgaming

Hello all,

Just to remind you that the LAN is only a month away.  If you want to still get your free Hog Roast you will need to apply before the 14th August.

Thanks to our sponsors we now have the following prize list for the LAN. Please note that we are not a tournament base LAN and these will be given out in big 'all in' games and at other random points. Everyone has a chance to win! This is also not the final list and more prizes will be added later.

Logitech G5 Mouse
Logitec G15 Keyboard
2 X Hyper 580W PSUââ,¬â,,¢s
Everglide Titan Mousematt
3 X Ã,£20 vouchers for Edimensional.co.uk
Everglide skates and other products
Artic Cooling Accelero X1 and X2
Artic Cooling Artic Fan 8
Bawls Energy Drinks

If you have any questions fire away!

Andrew (duckandcover)
[email protected]
PlanB Gaming Ltd
0118 9662190
07736 298961

Coopsy

i'd kinda like to go to this but know i wont end up going tho ;)

best of luck with this one chaps! :D