I quit the game, what's to become of the account and character?

Started by Gorgedweller, July 31, 2006, 10:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorgedweller

You may or may not know me as Gorgedweller, 60 Dwarf Hunter and a former longtime member (well, I was for about a year) of the guild Sinisters, and being a general senseless loudmouth.

Floatr has contacted Comatose, or Comatose contacted Floatr, and mentioned my account is up for sale (I'm enjoying single-player games like the Fallout franchise, Dawn of War 40k, Starcraft and my newly bought Nintendo DS far too much to return to WoW, the game that started to massively sicken me 2 months ago), and so Comatosa has just asked around in your guild and some interest did arise, however, logical and just scepsis also arose:

If one of you is to buy the account (well, the hours invested in it, it's still "Blizzard's" (yeah right)), one fears I might retrieve my account through my (I guess) secret question. The thing is, I don't remember if at the start one needed to create a secret question (was one obliged to do so, and if so, any chance in retrieving what it was?) or what that secret question might've been in my case. I've not the slightest idea anymore, nor even on how to possibly use it (the Account Management page doesn't state or link to anything secret question-related).

If any of you have got further knowledge on said subject, don't hesitate to post it here, so we can work something out. I can, however, already garantuee I won't be trying to retrieve the account, it would both be retarded and scumbaggy, and I haven't got the slightest intention in doing so. I'm through with the game, the patches and expansion(s) will only be more of the same shit at which I will never be best at (which is my aim at most if not all games, and it's just not possible in an MMO). Also, WoW interfered with my real life a great deal, a little bit too great let's say, for euphemism's sake.

Now, let's get down to brass tax here:
The account only features one character on the Outland server, nicknamed Gorgedweller, a 60 Dwarf Alliance Hunter.
When I left the account, the current state of kit was this:

+++ http://ctprofiles.net/349024 +++

It's not the best there is, but it's pretty sweet nonetheless, especially such harder-to-get items such as the Ring of the Qiraji Fury and the Renataki's Charm of Beasts, which makes for some massive rapdily Multishot kills (or Aimed shots, should one have the time and prefer so).

I'll type the kit out also:

Head: Dragonstalker's Helm + ZG enchant (Falcon's Call)
Neck: Barbed Choker
Shoulders: Dragonstalker Spaulders + ZG token enchant (+30 AP)
Cloak: Cape of the Black Baron + 3 AGI enchant
Chest: Giantstalker's Breastplate + 100 HP enchant
Shirt: Sleeveless T-Shirt (yeah, the kickass AV one that drops only off Alliance players, thanks Deathslove for grinding that one with me)
Bracers: Dragonstalker's Bracers + 9 STA enchant
Hands: Dragonstalker's Gauntlets + 15 AGI enchant
Belt: Ossirian's Binding
Legs: Dragonstalker Legguards + ZG enchant (Falcon's Call)
Feet: Giantstalker's Boots + minor speed increase enchant
Ring1: Ring of the Qiraji Fury
Ring2: Quick Strike Ring
Trinket1: Renataki's Charm of Beasts
Trinket2: Blackhand's Breadth

Main Hand: Warblade of the Hakkari + 15 AGI enchant
Off-hand: Fang of the Faceless + 15 AGI enchant
Ranged: Rhok'Delar + Bizznicks +3 hit scope

Besides that I've got a Bank sporting 16-slot bags in every Bank-slot, a myriad of items such as 2 Cores (the ones needed in the Bizznicks scope), Arrows, all obligatory items such as the Onyxia necklace, the Dire Maul trinket, the AV trinket, all Reflector trinkets, a full kit of Nature resistance (about 215 unbuffed), Fire resistance items, some Frost and Shadow resistance, semi-lot of enchanting materials, some potions and other valuable and not so valuable crap I can't quite put my finger on at the moment.

Professions: Engineering 300/300 (Artisan, including the Super Soaker MC gun pattern, and all the other Blue patterns such as the reflectors etc.
&
Enchanting 56/100 approximately, took it up because Mining didn't pay off at well as it used to.

Gold: 490-500 cash, roughly estimated.

Mount:
Epic AV very-fast-mount Charger Ram.

Attuned with: Every instance, also Naxxramas.

The going price is 160 € (That's how much in Pounds? I'm Belgian, I need me my Euros)), which is just enough for me to salvage the money I spent on Gamecards, so I'm guessing that's a fairly democratic price altogether. Also, this price is unnegotiable.

Alright, I've had my say, I'm bound to have forgotten some useful info, so ask away.
If you feel that this thread isn't suited on your forum, I shall delete it, please let me know if it's alright if I post it here, I did on my guild public part of the forum, but no ex-guildie was interested, and few people visit the Sinisters forum, also, more Horde check this forum than the Sinisters one for sure, and I'm guessing most interest will be shown from someone that only has Horde characters - but of course, I could be mistaken.

Synapse

No guts, no glory.

sam

tbh an account without a secret question as minimum is pretty risky, that means instant take back account.
Immortal words of Lord Log, 05/11/2009: Yeah, in all fairness Sam did a lot of good for the guild, he was a really good officer....

Opus 21/07/2006: a lot of things seem to come naturally to you recently, overhealing, fucking friends over, lying... I could go on.

Gorgedweller

Quote from: sam on July 31, 2006, 11:36:57 PM
tbh an account without a secret question as minimum is pretty risky, that means instant take back account.

Aye, I guess it's a matter of trust, and hence no deal. Bollox.

Abynthe

also, stating in a public forum that you're selling your account isn't a great way to guarantee the account is going to be around for very long.
I'm better than you.

opus

I don't think too many blizzard employees read infamousguild forums.
could just be me though.

Gorgedweller

Quote from: Abynthe on August 01, 2006, 12:03:30 AM
also, stating in a public forum that you're selling your account isn't a great way to guarantee the account is going to be around for very long.

What Opus said.

If this'd be the US, there'd be more chance of Blizzard employees talking to you guys, like those fuckwads at Death&Taxes (note: you're not fuckwads, just wankers).

I don't really care what happen to the account, if I can get some money off of it, fine, if not, meh.

Gorgedweller

this is going nowhere :) feel free to delete this abomination of a thread, shame though, the account'll probably wind up in the claws of some crazed dutchy.

Synapse

well, whatever happens to it we can all be safe in the knowledge that the quality of play cant get much worse!

ohlololol
No guts, no glory.

Myshra

Quote from: Gorgedweller on August 01, 2006, 10:56:54 AM
this is going nowhere :) feel free to delete this abomination of a thread, shame though, the account'll probably wind up in the claws of some crazed dutchy.

Your an idiot, i dunno if this thread was really you selling or you trying to goad us because of a stupid member of union who decided to try to make us look bad.  On top of this, apparently the way to sell now is to call potential clients "wankers".

sam

er that really is Gorge and he really is selling, i even saw his legendary leaving post @ sini :P

Acct trading is always dodgy, but without the secret question it doesnt really help in this case  ::)
Immortal words of Lord Log, 05/11/2009: Yeah, in all fairness Sam did a lot of good for the guild, he was a really good officer....

Opus 21/07/2006: a lot of things seem to come naturally to you recently, overhealing, fucking friends over, lying... I could go on.

Gorgedweller

Quote from: Myshra on August 01, 2006, 11:11:02 AM

Your an idiot, i dunno if this thread was really you selling or you trying to goad us because of a stupid member of union who decided to try to make us look bad.  On top of this, apparently the way to sell now is to call potential clients "wankers".

What are you? 15 years old? Oh you are, my bad.

Stop being a retard, it might help.

Gorgedweller

Quote from: Myshra on August 01, 2006, 11:11:02 AM

Also, who gives a shit if you 'look bad' in a fucking online game? Oh wait, you're 15 years old, my bad, again.

And, well, you are a wanker, dogs fucked the pope, no fault of mine!

Repeat: you may delete the thread if you wish, if you don't, whatever, I won't be coming back :).

Pubessant retards like Myshra were 25% of the reason I quit, and I have no desire to dwell in his verbal excrements any longer than was necessary.

Cheers.

sam